I took the kids to see Santa no Saturday. We had to explain several times to Jaed and Josie that they would not be recieving gifts on Saturday, but would be telling Santa exactly what they want him to bring them on Christmas day. I was so worried that Josie would get there and wonder where her gifts were and it would be me dragging her to the car after seeing Santa. Fortunately, it went so much better than that. Last year, Indi didn't want anything to do with Santa. She screamed and cried everytime we got her close to him. This year we were there waiting for Santa to show up and when he sat down he said, "Who wants to be first to sit on Santa's lap?", Indi was the only child who ran right to him. I was shocked. Josie, of course, was right behind her ready to be the next one in line. Indi told Santa that she wanted "pwincesses and a plute (princesses and a flute)" and Josie told him she wanted "ponies and a plute". Now Jaed, well...his list was a bit more detailed and a little longer. He wanted a blue and purple lightsaber, a new lego-starwars game, and more. I could see Santa wanting to move on but Jaed wasn't getting off his lap until his list was completed. I think the best part about it was when he tried to lift Jaed on his lap....hehehe... Santa gave a little grunt but got Jaed up on the second try.
The kids talked about seeing Santa all the way home and then again when Thayne got home from studying. It feels good to know that we got them the things they mentioned to Santa. I know that we won't be able to do that every year but it will be nice for this year.

1 comment:
I can't believe I get to kiss those sweet little cheeks and give hugs in just 19 days!
Post a Comment