Monday, March 16, 2009

Swearing In

Last month we drove to Washington so that Thayne could be sworn in as an attorney. It was a great experience and one I hope the kids will remember (but probably not). My sister, her husband, and my dad all came with us to support Thayne. The judge invited us to sit in the jury box while Thayne was being sworn in. It didn't take very long at all but it was moment of pride for me! I am so dang proud of Thayne. He has accomplished so much and more than most people would with five kids!

Here's Thayne taking the oath to be an honest attorney!



Here we are as a family so proud of our man!
(aren't the dresses cute!!)



My dad with the kids

5 comments:

The G-Funk! said...

Well, I'll be honest. I've been sworn in twice (Utah and Indiana) and even I don't remember it anymore. I think it has to do with all the mental trauma one suffers from practicing law. Ask Thayne in a couple of years if he can recall this. Good thing you documented it!

eightloves said...

I love your latest entry! The photos are priceless! Where did you get your daughter's matching dresses??? CONGRATS Thayne on all your hard work - what a HUGE accomplishment!

Jenny G said...

Your little ones look so cute! Good job to Thayne for accomplishing so much, and good job to you for supporting him so he can.

singin'mama said...

Congratulations you guys! Did I catch that you are living in DC? Or that Thayne is working long-distance. I'm only asking because we are super close to DC. It's good to see you are up and running again.

My Many Coloured Days said...

Your family looks great - and you look spectacular Ally, truly! The dresses are cute - we can always count on you to find matching "outfits"!!! Congrats to Thayne as well. What a much-anticipated day that must have been.