We were so blessed to have my Mom come out and stay with us during the holidays! The kids loved every minute of it and she seemed to enjoy it was well. On Christmas Eve we decided to start the tradition of acting out the birth of Christ. First we read the story to the kids (while they were bouncing on the couch, picking their noses, and playing with toys) and then we gave them each an acting part. Thayne was the donkey and Jaed was Joseph but we had quite the fight over who was going to be Mary. We finally compromised and told the girls that we would act it out TWICE so that each one of them could be Mary. Indi was not happy that she had to be a shepherd while Josie was Mary but she participated with a frown on her face. We made Kai a shepherd as well and she loved it! I guess we might have to act it out several times every Christmas so that each girl can play Mary. At least our kids will know the story very well :)!
After we had our little "program" the kids were allowed to open one present from Thayne and I. We decided that the kids would open a new pair of pajamas on Christmas Eve so that's what they opened. As soon as they all opened them, Josie sat down and hung her head low. I asked her what the matter was and she said, "I don't like Christmas Eve!". After I asked her why, she responded "Cuz I don't want pajamas, I want toys!". We all chuckled and explained to Josie that Santa brings the toys and he doesn't come until they are asleep.
Here is Mary and Joseph and the Donkey!
Here was the first run through with Josie as Mary. Can you tell that Indi is not happy being the Shepherd?
This is the second run through with Indi as Mary. I don't think her smile could be any bigger!
After the initial shock that the present they opened was not a toy, the pajamas were a hit and they all loved them!
No comments:
Post a Comment