“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.”
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Embarrassing moment #100
I thought I might be getting out of the embarrassing moments that your kids put you in because it hasn't happened for a bit but now I realized that the older they get the bigger the embarrassment is. I was at the checkout (at Target) and our cashier was a bit heavy and had really long hair. Josie was preoccupied for a bit but then looked up at the cashier and asked, "Momma is that a boy or a girl?". I seriously just wanted to laugh because I knew the minute she said that, that it was going to be a very uncomfortable moment. I tried to distract her and said, "The baby on the box (of diapers) is boy I think. What do you think? What color of clothes is he wearing?".....yeah...like that was going to work. She immediately said, "No, Momma not the baby! That person right there!" and pointed directly at the cashier. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww.......I turned to her and said, "Josie he is a boy and it's not nice to point your finger at people." She looked extremely confused and the whole time I was saying in my head, "Oh, please just let it go!". But, no, that wasn't going to happen. Not with Josie. She was going to get to the bottom of this mystery. She said, "Momma he has girl hair. Boys can't have girl's hair so I think it's a girl!". I couldn't hold it in. I had to laugh. So here I was snickering while my daughter was telling a guy that he was a girl. What kind of mom am I? I did turned to her, when I got myself somewhat under control, and said, "Josie, some boys have long hair. He is a boy and it's okay that he has long hair.". Again, not an answer she liked. She spoke right up and said, "No, he is a girl because he has girl hair and girl boobies!".......AWWWWWWWWW.......can you believe that! I do have to admit that he did have "man-boobs" as Thayne calls them. But I was mortified. I had never made eye contact with him during this whole conversation until now and he was beat red and probably dying as much as I was. I could not wipe the smile/giggle off my face which made the situation even worse. I told Josie that it wasn't nice to say things like that and then I felt like I had say something him. So what did I say? I should have just stuck with "Sorry for my daughters outbursts", but no......not me. I said, "I"m really sorry that she embarrassed you. If it counts for anything you look like a guy to me!". At that point I grabbed my stuff and left. I don't think I'll be going back to Target for a bit or if I do, I will stay clear of his register.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
This was SUPER funny!!!! It's times like this we should be grateful that we have a blog. It lets us get it out and laugh about it!! I especially LOVED your comment to the guy!! Purely hysterical!!
As a side note, I've wanted to add you to the list of blogs that I read but I realized that I don't even know your first name!! The blog world is weird that way I guess! Also, have you been doing much with SparkPeople?
Could I just say Josie is a lot like I remember her Mom being at the age of four? I love it!
Serves that hippie right! Maybe now he'll cut his hair.
I can't stop laughing. That is hilarious! I fear for the day this happens to me. Atleast you got it right that he was a boy. Wouldn't that have been something if "he" piped up that his boobs were real because he was a girl!
Well, your embarrassing moments give others joy if it makes you feel better. I got my giggle for the day! I sometimes feel torn because I happen to love the blatant honesty that children possess. I would have difficulty disciplining in that situation because she's just honestly being really observant. So funny!
Beck, Adam & Matthew:
Okay, can you hear us laughing all the way from Washington?!
btw, Adam said that in the guy's "locker room", they call them MOOBS...just thought you might want to know :)
Love your guts!
Beck
Post a Comment